Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Society » ‘Sombra Negra’: Morocco Contributes to Major Anti-Drug Operation in Spain

‘Sombra Negra’: Morocco Contributes to Major Anti-Drug Operation in Spain

Spain arrested around 100 individuals and seized 57,000 kilograms of cocaine with Morocco’s aid.

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Jan, 26, 2026
0 0
A A
‘Sombra Negra’, Morocco Contributes to Major Anti-Drug Operation in Spain

Rabat – Morocco has played a key role in a major anti-drug operation dubbed “Operation Sombra Negra” in Spain.

Canal 24 Horas reported that Spanish security services dismantled a criminal network of around 100 individuals, seizing 57,000 kilograms of cocaine.

The Moroccan General Directorate of National Security (DGSN) contributed to security efforts to dismantle the network, in collaboration with Spain’s National Intelligence Center, Europol, among several other international agencies.

Government Delegate in Andalusia, Pedro Fernandez, said the network had an “extensive organizational structure” in Galicia, Portugal, as well as Girona, Cadiz, Almeria, and the Spanish enclave of Ceuta. The network was also linked to Morocco. 

“In short, I wanted to highlight the magnitude of the operation—the territorial spread and the organizational capacity that allowed, across all these areas, a single network to operate and facilitate the entry of drugs, including all the logistical and technological components that made the trafficking possible,” Fernandez said.

The UK’s National Crime Agency, the US,  and the European Maritime Analysis and Operations Center for Narcotics also contributed to the major anti-drug trafficking operation, alongside France, Cape Verde, and Colombia.

This is not the first time Morocco has teamed up with international partners as part of its staunch efforts to curb drug trafficking. 

One of the latest operations took place on October 29, last year, when Morocco teamed up with Spanish security services to arrest 20 suspects, seizing over 20 tons of cannabis hidden among shipments of green peppers transported from Morocco to Spain through the Port of Algeciras.

The investigation began following intelligence shared by Moroccan authorities, which led to the identification of two refrigerated truck convoys suspected of transporting large quantities of drugs.

In 2025, DGST also contributed to a major drug bust, with Spanish police seizing over two tons of cannabis thanks to precise intelligence from Moroccan security services.

One of the operations also took place in 2022 when Morocco’s intelligence assisted Spain in arresting a terror suspect who planned to commit a terror attack in Murcia.

The DGST had alerted Spanish authorities about the presence of a “very extremist” individual in the European country.

 

Tags: drug trafficking in Morocco
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Bayern Munich coach Vincent Kompany has confirmed that Moroccan international Ismael Saibari will feature against Borussia Dortmund in Saturday’s German Super Cup.

Kompany Confirms Ismael Saibari Will Play Against Borussia Dortmund

August 21, 2026
The second phase of the Marhaba 2026 operation approaches its busiest stretch before the end of August.

Tanger Med Warns Travelers of Late-August Peak in Marhaba 2026 Return Phase

August 21, 2026
FIFA has imposed heavy disciplinary sanctions on Argentina and several players involved in the confrontation that followed the 2026 FIFA World Cup final between Argentina and Spain.

FIFA Hands Paredes 10-Match Ban, Molina Seven After World Cup Final Clash

August 21, 2026
The shooting took place shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, at the Santo Stefano hospital.

Italian Officer Faces Attempted Murder Probe After Shooting Moroccan in Prato Hospital

August 21, 2026
Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

August 21, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?