Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » News » Japan confirms two more Algeria dead

Japan confirms two more Algeria dead

mwnbymwn
Jan, 23, 2013
0 0
A A

TOKYO, Jan 23, 2013 (AFP)

Tokyo on Wednesday said it had confirmed the deaths of two more Japanese in last week’s hostage seige at an Algerian gas plant, taking the country’s total toll to nine, with one still unaccounted for.

“Unfortunately, we have been able to confirm two more deaths,” said Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga. “The Japanese government expresses sincere condolences to the families and people concerned.”

Japan on Monday said it knew for certain that seven of its nationals had been killed when Islamist gunmen overran the desert plant, and that three more people were missing.

At a press conference broadcast live on Wednesday night, Suga brought news that the country had been bracing for.

“It truly saddens us to learn that precious human lives were taken away,” he told reporters.

“The use of violence cannot be tolerated for any reason. We firmly condemn acts of terror.”

Suga added that Japan would continue to do its utmost to confirm the fate of the final person.

Seventeen Japanese were at the facility in In Amenas when jihadists struck on Wednesday at the start of a four day siege that left dozens of foreigners dead.

Tags: AlgeriaconflicthostageJapanJapan confirms two more Algeria deadJapan newsmalinews about Japan
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

EU Commission Reiterates Demand for Ceuta Migrants’ Return, Protection

EU Commission Reiterates Demand for Ceuta Migrants’ Return, Protection

August 20, 2026
Badou Zaki Outlines Ambitions After Jordan Appointment

Badou Zaki Outlines Ambitions After Jordan Appointment

August 20, 2026
The ACA presented the accreditation certificate to the DGAPR’s secretary-general during the association’s international conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Morocco’s Prison Training Institute Earns First ACA Accreditation in Africa, Arab World

August 20, 2026
casablanca pharmacist drug

Casablanca Police Bust Prescription Drug Trafficking Network, Arrest 3 Including Pharmacist

August 20, 2026
Deadly Gold Mine Collapse Claims More Than 100 Lives in Central African Republic

Deadly Gold Mine Collapse Claims More Than 100 Lives in Central African Republic

August 20, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?