Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Morocco » Berkane Municipality Denies Receiving MAD 2.5 Million from Hicham El Guerrouj

Berkane Municipality Denies Receiving MAD 2.5 Million from Hicham El Guerrouj

mwnbymwn
Aug, 21, 2017
0 0
A A
Berkane Municipality Denies Receiving MAD 2.5 Million from Hicham El Guerrouj

Berkane Municipality Denies Receiving MAD 2.5 Million from Hicham El Guerrouj

Rabat – Berkane’s Municipality refuted, on Friday, claims by Moroccan athlete Hicham El Guerrouj that he donated MAD 2.5 million in order to support construction of the city’s slaughterhouse in 2009.

Earlier this month, butchers in Berkane denounced the unsanitary conditions at the slaughterhouse where they work, in a video shared on social media.

Talking to the camera, the workers say that they could not remain silent knowing there are health risks for people who consume the meat of the slaughterhouse.

In response, El Guerrouj published on August 10 a post on his official Facebook account in which he expressed his disappointment and sadness over the situation.

The athlete said that he had made a donation of MAD 2.5 million and was told that “the
slaughterhouse would be built in the best way possible and that there are going to be the latest equipment to ensure hygiene and safety for the city’s residents.”

He said that he was grieved to see such footage of the slaughterhouse, especially as the city’s resident will be the ones to pay the price.

The city’s municipality issued a press release on August 18 in response to El Guerrouj’s allegations.

According to the statement, Berkane’s municipality and council unanimously approved the
slaughterhouse construction’s cooperation in 2009, but El Gurrouj did not sign the project
agreement.

“We have not received the financial support from the second party[El Guerrouj],” explained the
municipality.

Tags: Berkane SlaughterhouseHicham El Guerrouj
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has ordered the Senegalese Football Federation’s Appeals Committee to accept and examine a challenge filed by former presidential candidate Mady Touré against the election of current federation president Abdoulaye Fall.

CAS Orders Senegal Football Appeals Committee to Accept Mady Touré’s Challenge Against Abdoulaye Fall

August 22, 2026
“Ceuta and Melilla will remain a subject of dialogue between us and Spain, and we will hold to our historical right and our geographical right,” said Morocco’s Justice Minister Abdellatif Ouahbi.

Ouahbi Presses the Ceuta and Melilla File Anew While a Nettled Madrid Bolts the Door

August 22, 2026
A man, accompanied by funeral workers, prays over the bodies of migrants who died while trying to cross from Morocco to Ceuta, on 21 August 2026. AP/Antonio Sempere

Ceuta Buries First 18 Migrants in Muslim Cemetery After July Border Deaths

August 22, 2026
Israel Opens Tenders for E1 West Bank Settlement, Drawing International Outrage

Israel Opens Tenders for E1 West Bank Settlement, Drawing International Outrage

August 22, 2026
morocco soft wheat import

Morocco to Resume Soft Wheat Imports on September 16

August 22, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?