Home Morocco Renard’s Contract Was Extended Before Qualification to World Cup: FRMF Official

Renard’s Contract Was Extended Before Qualification to World Cup: FRMF Official

Hervé Renard and FRMF to Discuss World Cup Lineup

Rabat – Fouzi Lekjaa, the president of the Moroccan Football Federation (FRMF), has confirmed the extension of the contract of Morocco’s national team coach, Herve Renard.

The announcement was made on Friday in Rabat on the sidelines of the Draw of the 2018 Nations African Championship (CHAN). Lekjaa told the press that “Renard’s contract was already extended since the African Cup of Nations (CAN 2017), which took place in Gabon earlier this year. Lekjaa said that that the coach will be working with the Moroccan football team “under the best conditions until 2022 and with different objectives.”

Lekjaa has also talked about the federation’s goals regarding the 2018 World Cup, which is scheduled to take place next summer in Russia. “ I think we must be ambitious because we can do it in order to make all Moroccans happy again,” he said.

The 49-year-old Frenchman took over as Morocco’s coach in February 2016, succeeding to former coach Badou Ezzaki.

With his rich experience in the field, Renard helped his team to qualify for the 2018 World Cup after great performances in one of the most difficult group of the qualifiers, which included Mali, Gabon and Cote d’Ivoire and Morocco.

Renard has entered history as the fifth head coach to qualify Morocco to the World Cup.

SHARE
Previous articleGoogle Celebrates 61th Anniversary of Moroccan Independence
Next articleApple Founder Steve Wozniak and World Leaders to Gather for 13th World Islamic Economic Forum