Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » Abdelilah Benkirane Disputes ‘Official’ Document of Extra Pension

Abdelilah Benkirane Disputes ‘Official’ Document of Extra Pension

mwnbymwn
Feb, 11, 2019
0 0
A A
Abdelilah Benkirane Slams PJD’s Stance on French Teaching Law, Calls on El Othmani to Resign

Abdelilah Benkirane Slams PJD’s Stance on French Teaching Law, Calls on El Othmani to Resign

By Amal El Attaq

Rabat – Yesterday, based on an ‘official’ document, many news outlets reported that former Moroccan Head of Government Abdelilah Benkirane monthly receives an “additional pension.”

The document indicated that Benkirane receives an exceptional pension of 7 million centimes (MAD 70,000) at the end of each month as a supplementary pension on top of the regular civilian pension he receives.

The document, called a dahir, includes three items: The first mentions the pension amount. The second says that “the exceptional pension is given at the end of each month as a supplementary pension for the civil pension he receives.” The item added that the pension comes out of the government budget.

Abdelilah Benkirane denied receiving the additional pension. He said he only received a pension as a parliamentarian which he began collecting after King Mohammed VI appointed him as head of government.

On a Facebook Live video, he said, “This is fake news, the only pension I receive now is the exceptional one under instructions from King Mohammed VI, as I explained before,” said Abdelilah Benkirane. He commented the exceptional pension pleased him.

“I challenge them to bring evidences for this, but I am sure they will not find, and this requires an apology,” added Benkirane.

Speaking in a video last night, Benkirane promised to leave the country if there was evidence proving he gets an additional pension. “These are just lies, and I am challenging them to bring any evidences. If they do so, I promise to leave the country definitely,” said Benkirane.

Benkirane threatened that he would resort to the judicial system and ended his video asking the head of the Court of Auditors, Driss Jettou, to investigate his assets and “if anything is found, then I will ask him to expose me in front of public.” he said.

After receiving criticism on social media last month, Benkirane admitted getting a pension estimated at MAD 70,000 monthly under instructions from King Mohammed VI. The King granted the pension when he heard Benkirane had financial problems.

Tags: Abddelilah BenkiranePJD over Controversial Pension
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

August 18, 2026
Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

August 18, 2026
WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

August 18, 2026
Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

August 18, 2026
Fulham have not abandoned their pursuit of Moroccan defender Abdelhamid Ait Boudlal, with the Premier League club continuing negotiations with Stade Rennais over a potential transfer, according to French outlet Foot Mercato.

Fulham Continue Push for Morocco Defender Abdelhamid Ait Boudlal

August 18, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?