Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » Kuwaiti Pedophile, Rapist Flees Morocco to Avoid Prosecution

Kuwaiti Pedophile, Rapist Flees Morocco to Avoid Prosecution

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Feb, 11, 2020
0 0
A A
Kuwaiti Pedophile, Rapist Flees Morocco to Avoid Prosecution

Kuwaiti Pedophile, Rapist Flees Morocco to Avoid Prosecution

Rabat – Kuwaiti man accused of raping a 14-year old girl in Marrakech has fled Morocco to avoid court sentence.

Member of the Moroccan Association for Human Rights (AMDH), Omar Arbib confirmed the reports to Morocco World News today. He condemned the suspect’s provisional release on bail and the decision not to confiscate his passport.

“President of the court of appeal in Marrakech confirmed the news to us, saying the suspect left the territory after he received a provisional release from the court,” the activist told MWN.

When asked about what the court decided after the public prosecutor appealed the decision to approve the suspect’s provisional release, the activist said the authorities made the decision too late.

He said the president of the court also regretted the decision to release the suspect and to allow him to retain his passport.

“The Kuwaiti embassy helped him to leave the country,” Arbib said.

“The Kuwaiti embassy in Morocco told us that the [victim’s] parents forgave the man in exchange for money,” Arbib told MWN.

He said that the case moved from being a rape dossier to a case of human trafficking.

“The Kuwaiti ambassador told me that the Kuwaiti national was subject to blackmail within a period of five months from the girl’s family.”

The activist promised that AMDH will not let the case go and will seek help from all relevant institutions to make sure the Kuwaiti man is arrested and sentenced.

“We don’t want him to be sentenced in Kuwait. We want the authorities to expel him because he should be sentenced in Morocco, where he committed the crime,” the activist said.

The association has been campaigning against the release of the Kuwaiti man since last month, asking the Moroccan authorities to take action against his release.

The man reportedly raped the 14-year old girl in July 2019 in a rented apartment in Marrakech.

The girl disappeared for a few days before reappearing after the ordeal. The victim accused the man of violently raping her in return for MAD 3,600.

She said that the suspect hid her in his car’s trunk to get her inside the building and to avoid confrontations with security guards.

Article 486 of the penal code in Morocco stipulates that suspects involved in the rape of minors, people with special needs, or pregnant women should receive a prison sentence ranging between 10 and 20 years.

Tags: Child Rapegang rape in MoroccoRape Victims in Morocco
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Bayern Munich coach Vincent Kompany has confirmed that Moroccan international Ismael Saibari will feature against Borussia Dortmund in Saturday’s German Super Cup.

Kompany Confirms Ismael Saibari Will Play Against Borussia Dortmund

August 21, 2026
The second phase of the Marhaba 2026 operation approaches its busiest stretch before the end of August.

Tanger Med Warns Travelers of Late-August Peak in Marhaba 2026 Return Phase

August 21, 2026
FIFA has imposed heavy disciplinary sanctions on Argentina and several players involved in the confrontation that followed the 2026 FIFA World Cup final between Argentina and Spain.

FIFA Hands Paredes 10-Match Ban, Molina Seven After World Cup Final Clash

August 21, 2026
The shooting took place shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, at the Santo Stefano hospital.

Italian Officer Faces Attempted Murder Probe After Shooting Moroccan in Prato Hospital

August 21, 2026
Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

August 21, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?