Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » Shepherd Finds Remains of Missing 5-Year-Old Girl in Morocco’s Zagora

Shepherd Finds Remains of Missing 5-Year-Old Girl in Morocco’s Zagora

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Sep, 27, 2020
0 0
A A
Shepherd Finds Remains of Missing 5-Year-Old Girl in Morocco’s Zagora

Shepherd Finds Remains of Missing 5-Year-Old Girl in Morocco's Zagora

Rabat – A shepherd near Djebel Kissane in Zagora, a city in the Draa-Tafilalet region of southeastern Morocco, found on Saturday the body of Naima, a 5-year-old girl that had been missing since August 17.

Moroccan television channel 2M reported on Sunday that Naima’s cause of death is still not clear.

“I was shocked,” the girl’s father told Moroccan media.

He said local authorities went to the place where the shepherd discovered the girl’s remains.

The father identified his daughter from her clothes.

Shocked and in tears, the father called on Moroccan authorities to investigate the case and determine whether the girl was murdered or if she died of “natural causes.”

The father said he has no issues with anybody in the region that could push someone to murder his daughter in cold blood.

Comedian Mohamed Bassou expressed compassion with the family of the victim and denounced the increase of crimes against children.

While Naima’s cause of death is still unclear, Bassou called for the death penalty for “children killers.”

The case of the missing girl in Zagora comes amid national outrage and anger over crimes against children that erupted after the death of an 11-year-old boy in Tangier.

On September 11, Moroccan police found the body of Adnane Bouchouf buried near his house after he was kidnapped and raped.

Police arrested four suspects, including the 24-year-old main perpetrator.

The murder pushed some activists in Morocco to call for the death penalty for the pedophilia suspect, who killed Adnane in cold blood after raping him.

Other activists opposed calls for the death penalty, asking the government to give the suspect a severe punishment such as life in prison.

Stephanie Willman Bordat, an international human rights lawyer and women’s rights activist, told Morocco World News earlier this month that the “punishment of perpetrators should be based on objectivity. It should be decided by objective people, like judges.”

The activist called on people condemning such crimes to step outside and do hard work to raise awareness against the crimes and organize meetings with local authorities to share thoughts and ways about how to limit such crimes.

She also called for a detailed legal framework to deal with child abuse.

“The real problem is that the law does not create a framework or say anything about all of the steps in the process before that gets you to the conviction. There is nothing in the law or regulations about reporting the crimes.”

Tags: Child Rapepedophilia in Moroccorape in Morocco
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco Publishes New Law Regulating Legal Profession in Official Gazette

Morocco Publishes New Law Regulating Legal Profession in Official Gazette

August 20, 2026
FFF Rejects Diversity Accusations After Abdeslam Ouaddou’s Double BEPF Rejection

FFF Rejects Diversity Accusations After Abdeslam Ouaddou’s Double BEPF Rejection

August 20, 2026
Tanger Med Port Urges Travelers to Avoid August 25-30 Operation Marhaba Peak

Tanger Med Port Urges Travelers to Avoid August 25-30 Operation Marhaba Peak

August 20, 2026
Joao Cancelo Returns to Barcelona on Free Transfer Until 2029

Joao Cancelo Returns to Barcelona on Free Transfer Until 2029

August 20, 2026
Rabat is poised to secure increased European funding for border control and migration management in the wake of the Ceuta crisis.

EU to Boost Morocco Migration Funding After Ceuta Crisis, but Rabat Is No Gendarme

August 20, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?