Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Morocco » Casablanca Police Thwart Trafficking Operation of 25,000 Ecstasy Tablets

Casablanca Police Thwart Trafficking Operation of 25,000 Ecstasy Tablets

Police in Casablanca aborted on Friday an international drug trafficking operation of 25,000 Ecstasy tablets, a statement from the General Directorate of National Security (DGSN) said today.

mariya-sahnounibymariya-sahnouni
Dec, 24, 2022
0 0
A A
Casablanca Police Thwart Trafficking Operation of 25,000 Ecstasy Tablets

Casablanca Police Thwart Trafficking Operation of 25,000 Ecstasy Tablets

Rabat – Police in Casablanca aborted on Friday an international drug trafficking operation of  25,000 Ecstasy tablets, a statement from the General Directorate of National Security (DGSN) said today.

DGSN said the operation took place in collaboration with the General Directorate of Territorial Surveillance (DGST).

#مكافحة_ترويج_المؤثرات_العقلية
الدار البيضاء..إجهاض عملية للتهريب الدولي للمخدرات وحجز 25 ألف قرص من مخدر الإكستازي، في عملية مشتركة بين الشرطة القضائية ومصالح المديرية العامة لمراقبة التراب الوطني. pic.twitter.com/Q3xHtmPNCp

— DGSN MAROC (@DGSN_MAROC) December 23, 2022

The seized Ecstasy tablets were in the possession of the driver of an international transport truck registered in Europe, said the Directorate General of National Security (DGSN), who added that the accused, who was smuggling the cargo from Spain, tried to hand it over to a second suspect in Casablanca.

During this operation, the police also seized the vehicle used in the international drug trafficking attempt.

Both the driver and the second suspect are being held in police custody, pending an investigation by the public prosecutor’s office shed more light on the two defendants’ apparent involvement with an international trafficking ring. 

The operation is part of Morocco’s efforts to dismantle drug trafficking networks.

In August, Moroccan security services at the Tangier-Med port foiled an international drug trafficking attempt involving 17,970 psychotropic tablets (Rivotril).

In 2022, according to the latest DGSN annual report, joint field interventions by the police and the DGST allowed for the processing of 92,713 cases, including the arrest of 120,725 people who were involved in drug-related cases.

Police seized 98,543 tonnes of cannabis in 2022, a 49% decrease from the previous year.

This year, police also seized 190.18 kilograms of cocaine, representing an 87% decrease from last year. In addition, police seized 2.82 kilograms of heroin, a 5% dip from the previous year.

DGSN provided concerning data regarding psychotropic tablets, however, noting an increase of 85% in the quantity of ecstasy and captagon pills seized in the past year. 

Read Also: Morocco Reports 30% Drop in Criminal Cases During 2022

Tags: DGSN and DGSTDGSN dismanltesdrug trafficing in moroccoInternational Drug Trafficking
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Bayern Munich coach Vincent Kompany has confirmed that Moroccan international Ismael Saibari will feature against Borussia Dortmund in Saturday’s German Super Cup.

Kompany Confirms Ismael Saibari Will Play Against Borussia Dortmund

August 21, 2026
The second phase of the Marhaba 2026 operation approaches its busiest stretch before the end of August.

Tanger Med Warns Travelers of Late-August Peak in Marhaba 2026 Return Phase

August 21, 2026
FIFA has imposed heavy disciplinary sanctions on Argentina and several players involved in the confrontation that followed the 2026 FIFA World Cup final between Argentina and Spain.

FIFA Hands Paredes 10-Match Ban, Molina Seven After World Cup Final Clash

August 21, 2026
The shooting took place shortly after 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 16, at the Santo Stefano hospital.

Italian Officer Faces Attempted Murder Probe After Shooting Moroccan in Prato Hospital

August 21, 2026
Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

Guinea Announces Bid to Host AFCON 2032 or 2036

August 21, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?