Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » International » Gaza » Israel Sends Negotiators to Qatar After Fifth Hostages Swap, Local Media Says It’s Merely Symbolic

Israel Sends Negotiators to Qatar After Fifth Hostages Swap, Local Media Says It’s Merely Symbolic

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has sent his negotiation team to Doha for the second round of Gaza truce talks.

Issam ToutatebyIssam Toutate
Feb, 09, 2025
0 0
A A
Gaza ceasefire

Gaza ceasefire

Rabat – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has sent his negotiation team to Doha for the second round of Gaza truce talks.

This comes after Netanyahu paused sending the delegation to Qatar last week, delaying the talks until he met with US President Donald Trump on Tuesday.

Following the release of the three Israeli hostages yesterday, the Israel head has vowed to “crush” Hamas.

Israeli media suggest that the negotiation team “has no mandate,” with Haaretz quoting a source saying “It’s a show.” 

The source said that “Netanyahu is signaling quite clearly that he doesn’t want to move to the next phase. He’s sending a team without a mandate and without the ability to do anything.”

Jerusalem Post also also cited an Israeli official who said that the delegation will have a “symbolic warm-up trip,” that is aimed at only discussing Israel’s position.

Netanyahu is reportedly not willing to advance to the next stage of the ceasefire due to his claims that the three Israeli hostages released yesterday were subjected to “inhumane conditions.”

Israel’s Prime Minister’s actions are influenced by an internal ongoing crisis with the right-wing, who consider the deal as defeat to their country.

Read also: Israeli Settlers, IOF Provoke International Community by Storming Al-Aqsa Mosque Compound

An Israeli official said that the “right-wing voters see that we haven’t defeated Hamas, and its operatives are still roaming with weapons,” echoing Netanyahu’s vow to terminate Hamas’ existence in the Gaza enclave.

“Netanyahu knows he doesn’t have a government if he proceeds with the deal,” the source added.

However, some Israeli officials warn that Israel won’t reap the fruits of the first stage, particularly the release of Israeli hostages if Hamas knows Netanyahu’s intentions not to reach a permanent ceasefire.

“The process is working, hostages are being released, but Hamas is doing this with the expectation of a second stage, leading to a [full] cease-fire and Israeli withdrawal from Gaza. Once Hamas realizes there won’t be a second stage, they may not complete the first,” the source explained.

If the reports of Netanyahu’s refusal to progress are true, this will significantly hamper the proceedings of the Gaza ceasefire negotiations and threatens the genocide to resume in the enclave at the hands of the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF).

This comes amid Trump’s controversial plans which he announced after the Netanyahu meeting, in which he aims to forcibly displace Gazans to several countries in the region and “take over” the enclave to turn it into the “Riviera of the Middle East.” Analysts and observers around the world are calling the US president out for threatening ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people. 

These developments are causing instability and uncertainty for  Palestinians who suffered 15-months of IOF war crimes, and threaten their dreams to regain quality of life and rebuild their ravaged land.

Tags: Gaza ceasefireGaza Ceasefire truceHamas and Israelisraeli occupation forcesNetanyahu and Hamas
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco Publishes New Law Regulating Legal Profession in Official Gazette

Morocco Publishes New Law Regulating Legal Profession in Official Gazette

August 20, 2026
FFF Rejects Diversity Accusations After Abdeslam Ouaddou’s Double BEPF Rejection

FFF Rejects Diversity Accusations After Abdeslam Ouaddou’s Double BEPF Rejection

August 20, 2026
Tanger Med Port Urges Travelers to Avoid August 25-30 Operation Marhaba Peak

Tanger Med Port Urges Travelers to Avoid August 25-30 Operation Marhaba Peak

August 20, 2026
Joao Cancelo Returns to Barcelona on Free Transfer Until 2029

Joao Cancelo Returns to Barcelona on Free Transfer Until 2029

August 20, 2026
Rabat is poised to secure increased European funding for border control and migration management in the wake of the Ceuta crisis.

EU to Boost Morocco Migration Funding After Ceuta Crisis, but Rabat Is No Gendarme

August 20, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?