Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » News » Barcelona To Join ECA as Super League Project Loses Steam

Barcelona To Join ECA as Super League Project Loses Steam

Aymen AlamibyAymen Alami
Oct, 08, 2025
0 0
A A
Barcelona move closer to UEFA as Laporta attends ECA meeting

Barcelona move closer to UEFA as Laporta attends ECA meeting

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has attended the European Club Association (ECA) General Assembly in Berlin, chaired by PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi.

Spanish outlet MARCA reported that Laporta, joined by vice-president Rafa Yuste, was personally welcomed by Al-Khelaifi at the hotel hosting the event. It comes as relations between the two have improved following last week’s Champions League match in Barcelona.

Although Barcelona are not yet a member of the ECA, the club is understood to be moving closer to joining the organisation. That would leave Real Madrid as the only major club still backing the European Super League project.

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin addressed the assembly, saying: “From the outside, they are proposing a change of model, but everything will be done from a position of unity.”

Laporta’s presence signals Barcelona’s growing alignment with UEFA, as the club looks to strengthen ties with football’s governing bodies. The Catalans have also reached a special arrangement with UEFA to play a La Liga match against Villarreal in Miami, USA.

La Liga president Javier Tebas said he hopes Barcelona will fully abandon the Super League. “I hope so. I think President Laporta said something similar and showed some kind of loss of confidence in the project,” he told COPE. “I would be very happy if Barcelona abandoned this project and became more involved in European projects.”

Tebas also commented on the club’s delayed return to Camp Nou. “I haven’t spoken or known anything beyond what I’ve read,” he said. “Sometimes different dates are mentioned. There are licenses and issues, and they hope to play as soon as possible at their stadium.”

“For me, I would have loved for them to have already returned to their own stadium,” he added. “However, if these issues must be faced in order to end up playing in a top-tier stadium as Barcelona is doing, it will be worth the wait.”

According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona’s stance towards UEFA has shifted after the governing body introduced changes to the Champions League format and increased financial rewards for clubs.

Tags: ECAJoan LaportaNasser al-KhelaifiSuper League
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco’s Abdellah Ouazane Scores First Ajax Goal in Heerenveen Draw

Morocco’s Abdellah Ouazane Scores First Ajax Goal in Heerenveen Draw

August 17, 2026
Souhaila Ettahiri: Morocco-Rooted Agent Married to Roberto Carlos

Souhaila Ettahiri: Morocco-Rooted Agent Married to Roberto Carlos

August 17, 2026
Rights Group FairSquare Calls for Block on Infantino’s FIFA Re-Election Bid

Rights Group FairSquare Calls for Block on Infantino’s FIFA Re-Election Bid

August 17, 2026
Hakimi Criticizes Venue Setup After PSG’s Super Cup Loss

Hakimi Criticizes Venue Setup After PSG’s Super Cup Loss

August 17, 2026
Operation Marhaba 2026 has carried more than 2.1 million passengers through Andalusia during its first two months,

Operation Marhaba Sees 2.17 Million Passengers Cross to Morocco

August 17, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?