Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » News » Trump: President Nicolás Maduro Captured in ‘Large-Scale Operation’

Trump: President Nicolás Maduro Captured in ‘Large-Scale Operation’

The US president announced this morning a“large-scale strike” against Venezuela, claiming that the country’s leader and his wife were captured and flown out.

Hanane AfeznaouibyHanane Afeznaoui
Jan, 03, 2026
0 0
A A
Trump: President Nicolás Maduro Captured in ‘Large-Scale Operation’ Trump: President Nicolás Maduro Captured in ‘Large-Scale Operation’

Agadir – The U.S president Donald Trump announced early Saturday that the United States had carried out a “large-scale strike” against Venezuela and claimed that President Nicolás Maduro and his wife had been captured and flown out of the country. 

“The United States of America has successfully carried out a large-scale strike against Venezuela and its leader, President Nicolas Maduro, who has been, along with his wife, captured and flown out of the Country. This operation was done in conjunction with U.S. Law Enforcement. Details to follow. There will be a News Conference today at 11 A.M., at Mar‑a‑Lago. Thank you for your attention to this matter! President DONALD J. TRUMP,” Trump said.

Directly before the announcement, Venezuela’s government accused the US of trying to “seize control” over the country  and launching a series of attacks against civilians and military after explosions rocked its capital, Caracas, before dawn on Saturday.

Afterwards, the Venezuela’s government confirmed that the capital Caracas, as well as the states of Miranda, La Guaira and Araguacity had come under attack.

The operation aimed to put an end to what Trump called “the illegitimate rule” of Nicolás Maduro and the U.S. accusations of  Maduro running a “narco-state” and rigging last year’s election. 

Republican U.S. Senator Mike Lee said that U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio told him Maduro was arrested by U.S. forces to stand trial on criminal charges in the United States.

“Just got off the phone with Marco Rubio. He informed me that Nicolás Maduro has been arrested by U.S. personnel to stand trial on criminal charges in the United States, and that the kinetic action we saw tonight was developed to protect and defend those executing the arrest warrant. 

This action likely falls within the president’s inherent authority under Article II of the Constitution to protect U.S. personnel from an actual or imminent attack.”

 

Tags: large scale strikeNicolás MaduroTrumpVenezuela
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Hamza Abdelkarim Scores Against Former Club Al Ahly, Apologizes

Hamza Abdelkarim Scores Against Former Club Al Ahly, Apologizes

August 19, 2026
Marking the anniversary of the Revolution of the King and the People, King Mohammed VI granted a royal pardon to 935 people convicted by various courts across the kingdom.

Revolution of the King and the People: King Grants Royal Pardon to 935 People

August 19, 2026
Giroud Compares Bouaddi to Vieira, Busquets

Giroud Compares Bouaddi to Vieira, Busquets

August 19, 2026
Manchester City have sold Tijjani Reijnders to Saudi Pro League side Al-Qadisia for around $70 million.

Man City Sell Reijnders to Al-Qadsia in Major Midfield Reshuffle 

August 19, 2026
Man Found Dead Inside Charlton Athletic’s Stadium

Man Found Dead Inside Charlton Athletic’s Stadium

August 19, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?