Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » News » Binance Rejects Iran-Linked Sanctions Claims, Denies Firing Staff

Binance Rejects Iran-Linked Sanctions Claims, Denies Firing Staff

Major US news organizations including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and Fortune published reports alleging that investigators at Binance were dismissed after raising concerns about large volumes of Iran-linked transactions.

Oumaima Moho AmerbyOumaima Moho Amer
Feb, 25, 2026
0 0
A A
Binance Rejects Iran-Linked Sanctions Claims, Denies Firing Staff

Binance Rejects Iran-Linked Sanctions Claims, Denies Firing Staff

Casablanca – Binance on Tuesday rejected allegations published by The Wall Street Journal that it dismissed investigators who had raised concerns about transactions allegedly linked to sanctioned Iranian entities, calling the reporting inaccurate and defamatory.

The Journal reported that internal investigators at the crypto exchange had identified roughly $1 billion in transactions tied to a network said to be funding Iran-backed groups.

The article cited company documents and people familiar with Binance’s operations, saying the investigation into the transactions was later dismantled. Similar claims were published by The New York Times and Fortune, which reported that compliance staff were dismissed after escalating sanctions-related concerns.

Binance disputed those accounts. In a public statement and blog post, the company said no employee was terminated for raising compliance issues.

It stated that certain staff members departed following an internal review that found breaches of data-protection and confidentiality guidelines. The exchange said its compliance decisions are independent and based on established procedures.

Chief Executive Richard Teng accused the Journal of publishing false information and said the company had attempted to correct the record before publication.

Binance said it conducted an internal review of the transactions described in the reports and found no evidence of violations of applicable sanctions laws.

Read also: Crypto Market Slides as AI-Linked Risk Tensions Weigh on Major Tokens

The exchange acknowledged that suspicious activity had been detected and reported, describing that as evidence its monitoring systems were functioning as intended. It said accounts identified during the review were offboarded and relevant information was shared with appropriate authorities.

A spokesperson told US media outlets that a full report would be submitted to the Department of Justice.

The reports referenced Binance’s 2023 settlement with US authorities over anti-money-laundering violations, in which founder Changpeng Zhao admitted to breaching federal money laundering laws.

The new allegations focus on transactions in 2024 and 2025 that were said to involve funds moving through intermediary wallets before reaching entities linked to Iran-backed groups.

In its blog post, Binance said its sanctions-related exposure as a share of total trading volume fell from 0.284% in January 2024 to 0.009% in July 2025, citing independent industry data.

The company said it employs more than 1,500 people in compliance-related roles and maintains licenses or registrations in 20 jurisdictions.

Binance said its compliance framework remains effective and that recent reporting mischaracterized the scope and outcome of its internal investigations.

Tags: Binance
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

French international Paul Pogba and AS Monaco have agreed to end their contract by mutual consent after one season,

Paul Pogba, Monaco End Contract After One Season

August 19, 2026
Moroccan striker Tawfik Bentayeb is closing in on a move to Belgian club Anderlecht from Union Touarga, with only a work permit and a medical left to settle, according to Belgian and French media.

Reports: Moroccan Striker Tawfik Bentayeb Nears Move to Anderlecht

August 19, 2026
Egyptian champions Al Ahly step onto the European stage tonight for a historic encounter against FC Barcelona in the 2026 edition of the Joan Gamper Trophy.

FC Barcelona vs Al Ahly: How & When to Watch the 2026 Joan Gamper Trophy

August 19, 2026
Ceuta Crisis; Spain Denies Plans for Economic Sanctions Against Morocco

Ceuta Crisis: Spain Denies Plans for Economic Sanctions Against Morocco

August 19, 2026
morocco lawyers bill strike

Moroccan Lawyers Extend Suspension of Professional Services

August 19, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?