Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Politics » Spain’s Health Minister Says Migrants ‘Do Not Bring Diseases’, Denies Ceuta’s Healthcare Collapse

Spain’s Health Minister Says Migrants ‘Do Not Bring Diseases’, Denies Ceuta’s Healthcare Collapse

Despite reports emphasizing that these days ended incident-free, Ceuta president says the city is in “danger.”

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Aug, 17, 2026
0 0
A A
Spain’s Health Minister Says Migrants ‘Do Not Bring Diseases’, Denies Ceuta’s Healthcare Collapse

Rabat – Spain’s Health Minister Monica Garcia denied claims from far-right politicians and some media outlets that migrants have pushed Ceuta’s healthcare to the point of collapse.

Garcia said the healthcare system in the Spanish-occupied enclave remains operational despite increased pressure on several services.

She made the remarks in response to ongoing criticism targeting migrants following the mass crossing that the enclave witnessed on July 30.

Tens of thousands of migrants crossed to the enclave by swimming. Spanish reports estimate that between 70,000 and 80,000 reached Ceuta by swimming. Morocco’s official assessment puts the number at 40,000.

“There is no healthcare collapse in Ceuta,” Garcia told the press after a meeting with Juan Jesus Vivas, president of Ceuta.

She said 5,800 migrants were treated over 15 days, emphasizing that pressure on healthcare services has declined since the first day.

She acknowledged the situation is “not normal,” especially in services that are facing greater pressure, but emphasized that there had been no need to ask any healthcare professional to cut short their vacation.

She said there is a “moderate epidemiological risk” for migrants and a “low risk” for the local population, according to EFE, asserting that “migrants do not bring diseases.”

News on the Ceuta crossing has been making rounds on the internet since late July, triggering anti-Moroccan rhetoric and claims targeting Rabat and its migratory policy.

However, several reports cited Morocco’s continued cooperation, which prevented new crossings, especially this weekend. 

Morocco arrested around 300 people who attempted to cross the border on August 15 following a social media campaign inciting a new entry. Both Spain and Morocco are reinforcing border control to address the situation.

Ceuta president said today he will turn to the judiciary to raise concerns about the situation, accusing Pedro Sanchez government of inaction.

He said he is demanding a meeting with officials, including representatives from the Supreme Court, to tell them “Ceuta is in danger.”

 

Tags: Ceuta and MelillaCeuta Border Tensions
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Maresca Breaks Silence on Bouaddi Amid Manchester City Move

Maresca Breaks Silence on Bouaddi Amid Manchester City Move

August 17, 2026
Man City Advances Deal for Morocco Star Ayyoub Bouaddi

Man City Advances Deal for Morocco Star Ayyoub Bouaddi

August 17, 2026
81% of Moroccans reported that conditions in their country are better today than before the 2011 Arab Spring.

81% of Moroccans Say Country Conditions Improved Since Before the Arab Spring

August 17, 2026
Ceuta President Warns City Is ‘in Danger,’ Calls for Returns of Migrants to Morocco President Warns City Is ‘in Danger,’ Calls for Returns of Migrants to Morocco

Ceuta President Warns City Is ‘in Danger,’ Calls for Returns of Migrants to Morocco

August 17, 2026
Real Madrid confirmed on Monday the departure of academy player Jacobo Ortega, who has joined French club Strasbourg.

Real Madrid Confirms Jacobo Ortega’s Move to Strasbourg

August 17, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?