Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Politics » Authorities in Ceuta Evacuate Migrants From El Trampolín Beach

Authorities in Ceuta Evacuate Migrants From El Trampolín Beach

The evacuation is part of an operation to transfer the migrants to new temporary reception facilities.

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Aug, 20, 2026
0 0
A A
Authorities in Ceuta Evacuate Migrants From El Trampolín Beach

Migrants in the beach. Phpoto: © Hamza HABHOUB

Rabat – Authorities in the Spanish enclave of Ceuta announced the launch of an evacuation plan for 1,700 migrants who left El Trampolín beach, where people who reached the occupied region during the mass crossings had been taking shelter.

On Thursday, over 1,000 migrants left the region as they were escorted by police to transfer them to temporary reception facilities amid calls and appeals warning against the unsanitary and inappropriate conditions the migrants have been enduring for nearly a month since the crossing.

On July 30 and 31, Ceuta witnessed one of the largest migration crossings, where tens of thousands swam or attempted to reach the enclave.

Spanish reports estimate that those who entered numbered between 70,000 and 80,000, while Moroccan authorities’ official data identify their number at over 40,000.

Morocco and Spain activated an emergency plan, agreeing on the return of all migrants who entered the enclave irregularly. Most of those who entered returned, except for a few thousand, including minors, with Morocco urging Spanish authorities to assume their responsibility and speed up the process of repatriation amid a humanitarian crisis marked by the challenges migrants endure in reception centers and on Ceuta’s streets.

EFE said today that authorities deployed a large operation at the beach to organize the migrants, who were divided into two groups based on their origin. Sub-Saharan migrants were directed toward Loma Margarita, while those from North Africa were directed to the Loma Colmenar Embolsamiento area near the Tarajal border crossing.

EFE quoted sources that claimed the separation aims to “prevent possible clashes between the two groups,” following several fights in recent weeks.

The migrants were sent to reception facilities, with the first phase covering sites with a combined capacity of around 1,800 people.

The process will also include registration and identification of migrants.

Spanish reports indicate over 3,500 people were gathered at El Trampolín, quoting police sources who counted the number during food distributions.

Spain also pledged to continue ensuring temporary spaces to tackle the crisis amid sharp criticism from far-right politicians and others from the People’s Party (PP).

The party criticized Spain, accusing it of inaction in the Ceuta crisis.

It further alleged that Spain is not “acting in time” and is intending to resolve the crisis with “tents and temporary camps.”

Tags: Ceuta and MelillaCeuta Border Tensions
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco internationals Nahila Benzina and Hanan Ait El Haj have been named in the CAF Technical Study Group’s Best XI for the 2026 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON).

Moroccan Duo Named in CAF’s Best XI for WAFCON 2026

August 22, 2026
Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

Morocco Rejects Claims It Refused Ceuta Bodies, Says Repatriation Requires Spain Deal

August 22, 2026
Morocco’s Rainfall May Be Affected by Strong El Niño in 2026-2027, Study Says

Morocco’s Rainfall May Be Affected by Strong El Niño in 2026-2027, Study Says

August 22, 2026
Morocco’s women’s beach volleyball team has reached the semifinals of the African Beach Volleyball Championship in Alexandria after defeating Algeria 2-1 on Friday.

Morocco Women Reach Beach Volleyball Semifinals, Secure 2027 World Cup Spot

August 22, 2026
Military personnel on the streets of Ceuta, August 20, 2026, in Ceuta, Spain. Marcos Moreno / Europa Press

Spain Sends Over 150 Canary Islands Troops to Reinforce Ceuta

August 22, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?