Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » No Official Confirmation on Release of 4 Moroccan Truckers Missing in Niger, Burkina Faso

No Official Confirmation on Release of 4 Moroccan Truckers Missing in Niger, Burkina Faso

Mustapha Chaoune, Secretary General of Morocco’s Democratic Organization of Multimodal Transport and Logistics, has said there is so far no confirmation on the release of the four Moroccan truckers who went missing since Saturday between Dore in Burkina Faso and Niger’s Tera.

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Jan, 21, 2025
0 0
A A
Last week

Last week

Mustapha Chaoune, Secretary General of Morocco’s Democratic Organization of Multimodal Transport and Logistics, has said there is so far no confirmation on the release of the four Moroccan truckers who went missing since Saturday between Dore in Burkina Faso and Niger’s Tera.

Chaoune took to his Facebook on Monday, noting that the organization has received no official updates confirming the release of the truckers.

“After the announcement by professional organizations in Burkina Faso and Niger about the release of the missing professional drivers, as of now, there has been no official confirmation,” he wrote.

Chaoune added that he has been personally following the matter in detail since Saturday last week with representatives from the AU for Transport and Logistics organizations in Burkina Faso as well as the Moroccan Embassy.

Read also: Four Moroccan Truck Drivers Go Missing at Burkina Faso-Niger Border

He further mentioned receiving calls from Burkina Faso, Niger, and Cote d’Ivoire confirming the news of the release of the drivers.

There was notably a large number of calls from professionals in Burkina Faso confirming the same news, he said. But he cautioned that this information has yet to be officialized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the embassies of the kingdom in Niger and Burkina Faso.

Last week, converging reports expressed concerns about the case of the four truckers amid increasing insecurity due to the presence of terror groups in the Sahel.

The reports came a few weeks after a violent attack in Nioro du Sahel, a town in Mali, that lightly affected two Moroccan trucks as terrorists targeted several points in the city.

A source from the Moroccan embassy in Bamako said all drivers are safe but a few trucks were slightly damaged during the attack.

Tags: SahelTruck Attack
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco’s Abdellah Ouazane Scores First Ajax Goal in Heerenveen Draw

Morocco’s Abdellah Ouazane Scores First Ajax Goal in Heerenveen Draw

August 17, 2026
Souhaila Ettahiri: Morocco-Rooted Agent Married to Roberto Carlos

Souhaila Ettahiri: Morocco-Rooted Agent Married to Roberto Carlos

August 17, 2026
Rights Group FairSquare Calls for Block on Infantino’s FIFA Re-Election Bid

Rights Group FairSquare Calls for Block on Infantino’s FIFA Re-Election Bid

August 17, 2026
Hakimi Criticizes Venue Setup After PSG’s Super Cup Loss

Hakimi Criticizes Venue Setup After PSG’s Super Cup Loss

August 17, 2026
Operation Marhaba 2026 has carried more than 2.1 million passengers through Andalusia during its first two months,

Operation Marhaba Sees 2.17 Million Passengers Cross to Morocco

August 17, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?