Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Politics » EU Welcomes Morocco-Spain Efforts to Resolve Ceuta Migration Crisis

EU Welcomes Morocco-Spain Efforts to Resolve Ceuta Migration Crisis

The EU has renewed calls for joint action against migrant smugglers following the mass arrival of migrants in Ceuta, as Morocco and Spain continue efforts to bring the situation under control.

Hanane AfeznaouibyHanane Afeznaoui
Aug, 09, 2026
0 0
A A
EU Welcomes Morocco-Spain Efforts to Resolve Ceuta Migration Crisis

European Commissioner for the Mediterranean Dubravka Šuica

Agadir – The European Union has welcomed the joint efforts by Morocco and Spain to bring the migration crisis in Ceuta under control and facilitate the return of the vast majority of migrants who entered the enclave last week.

European Commissioner for the Mediterranean Dubravka Šuica said Saturday that she remains in regular contact with Morocco’s Foreign Minister Nasser Bourita regarding the situation, while stressing the importance of continued coordination between Rabat and Madrid.

“I am in regular contact with Foreign Minister Nasser Bourita on the situation in Ceuta,” Šuica said in a statement shared on social media.

“The EU appreciates the joint efforts of Morocco and Spain to bring the situation under control and ensure the vast majority of arrivals have returned to Morocco,” she added.

Šuica said the efforts were continuing, stressing the EU’s commitment to working with both countries and closely monitoring developments.

The European commissioner also placed the blame for the mass arrivals on migrant-smuggling networks, warning against what she described as false promises made by smugglers and traffickers.

“We cannot and will not let smugglers put people’s lives at risk with false promises,” she said.

“The fight against illegal migration, and especially combating smugglers and traffickers, is a common challenge. Challenges we can only address together,” Šuica added.

The statement comes one week after tens of thousands of migrants attempted to enter Ceuta from Morocco, triggering a major migration crisis around the Spanish enclave.

Šuica’s comments come as Morocco and Spain continue efforts to manage the aftermath of the crisis and facilitate the return of migrants who crossed into Ceuta.

The EU has repeatedly viewed irregular migration and migrant smuggling as shared challenges requiring cooperation between European and North African countries. 

In this regard, the EU position places Morocco-Spain coordination at the center of efforts to contain the situation.

Tags: CeutaCeuta migrantsDubravka ŠuicaEUMorocco and Spain
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Morocco Publishes New Law Regulating Legal Profession in Official Gazette

Morocco Publishes New Law Regulating Legal Profession in Official Gazette

August 20, 2026
FFF Rejects Diversity Accusations After Abdeslam Ouaddou’s Double BEPF Rejection

FFF Rejects Diversity Accusations After Abdeslam Ouaddou’s Double BEPF Rejection

August 20, 2026
Tanger Med Port Urges Travelers to Avoid August 25-30 Operation Marhaba Peak

Tanger Med Port Urges Travelers to Avoid August 25-30 Operation Marhaba Peak

August 20, 2026
Joao Cancelo Returns to Barcelona on Free Transfer Until 2029

Joao Cancelo Returns to Barcelona on Free Transfer Until 2029

August 20, 2026
Rabat is poised to secure increased European funding for border control and migration management in the wake of the Ceuta crisis.

EU to Boost Morocco Migration Funding After Ceuta Crisis, but Rabat Is No Gendarme

August 20, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?