Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Headlines » Morocco Calls For a Surge in MINUSCA Troops in CAR

Morocco Calls For a Surge in MINUSCA Troops in CAR

mwnbymwn
Sep, 20, 2017
0 0
A A
King Mohammed VI Satisfied with Africa’s Commitment to Peacekeeping

King Mohammed VI Satisfied with Africa’s Commitment to Peacekeeping

Rabat – Morocco has called for a surge in the number of peacekeepers in the Central African Republic (CAR) to respond to the increasing violence in the country, the Moroccan press agency MAP reported.

Speaking on Tuesday during a meeting held in New York at the United Nations Peacebuilding Commission (PBC) and chaired by the kingdom, Morocco’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Nasser Bourita deplored the current security situation in CAR.

Bourita said it was unacceptable to see “armed groups take the whole political process hostage.” The minister warned against the rise of conflict in the African country and “the ethnic and religious nature” of the ongoing violence in Bangassou, a region that Bourita had described before as”a symbol of tolerance and cohabitation.”

Facing the current situation in CAR, “the international community should intervene,” urged Bourita. The minister stressed the high cost of passivity in such situation, adding that the future of the country is at stake since the evidence of an ethnic cleansing is flagrant.

From Bourita’s security stand point, the minister insisted on the urgency of increasing MINUSCA’s (United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic) peacekeeping capacity, given the resurgence of violence, the vast territory it covers and the quasi-absence of the national security forces.

Lauding what he described as the “outstanding work of MINUSCA,” Bourita highlighted the role played by the peacekeeping mission in  bringing peace and stability in the African country plagued by internal conflict.

He paid a special tribute to the peacekeepers, especially the Moroccan officers on ground, who perished while on duty. He said these soldiers sacrificed their lives to defend a vulnerable local population, and those responsible for their death should be apprehended and prosecuted for their crimes.

The minister pledged the kingdom’s support to CAR, a country which Morocco sees as a friend and to which it came in aid in moments of distress.

“Our expertise and experience in different fields remain at CAR’s disposal,” said the minister.

Morocco is one of the many countries that contributed with peacekeepers to help bring stability in the conflict-stricken African nation.

Back in July, three Moroccan blue helemts were killed by armed men belonging to to the infamous Anti-Balaka militia.

 

Tags: Central African RepublicMinister Nasser BouritaMoroccan soliders in CARUN peacekeeping mission in CAR
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Pep Guardiola’s extraordinary dedication to Manchester City came under the spotlight after a new Amazon Prime documentary revealed previously unseen moments from behind the scenes at the English club.

Guardiola’s Emotional Manchester City Outburst: “I Gave My Life for You, What Did You Give Me?”

August 19, 2026
Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

August 18, 2026
Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

August 18, 2026
WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

August 18, 2026
Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

August 18, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?