Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » International » Deadly Thai-Cambodian Clashes Intensify, 11th-Century Temple Hit

Deadly Thai-Cambodian Clashes Intensify, 11th-Century Temple Hit

Analysts say the July and October ceasefires, co-signed by the Trump administration, were “forced” and lacked effective enforcement mechanisms.

Sara ZouitenbySara Zouiten
Dec, 09, 2025
0 0
A A
Displaced people take shelter in Thailand’s Buriram province. Athit Perawongmetha/Reuters

Displaced people take shelter in Thailand’s Buriram province. Athit Perawongmetha/Reuters

Rabat – Tensions between Thailand and Cambodia have escalated sharply. Thailand’s foreign minister told Al Jazeera there is “no space for diplomacy” in the current conflict, accusing Cambodia of not honoring the ceasefire and continuing “actions on the ground” that contradict its calls for peace.

Meanwhile, Cambodia says Thai attacks resumed on Tuesday morning, killing at least seven civilians, while Thailand reports three soldiers killed and 29 injured.

Cambodia accused Thailand of “profound immorality” after the 11th-century Prasat Ta Krabey temple was hit and destroyed. The site, in disputed territory, is part of the Khmer heritage, known in Thailand as Ta Kwai. The Cambodian Ministry of Culture shared video evidence of the impact.

Cambodia reports nine civilian deaths and 20 injured since Monday, while Thailand reports three soldiers killed.

Over 21,000 Cambodians evacuated from three provinces; schools closed; 1,000 inmates transferred for safety.

Thailand has set up nearly 500 shelters for more than 125,000 displaced people in four border provinces.

France and Australia voiced concern, urging both sides to immediately uphold the US-and Malaysia-brokered ceasefire agreed earlier this year. Amnesty International called on both governments to protect civilians and prevent further escalation.

Analysts say the July and October ceasefires, co-signed by the Trump administration, were “forced” and lacked enforcement mechanisms. Rising nationalism and contested historical claims, particularly over temples along the border, have reignited the conflict.

Thailand says Cambodia laid new landmines, violating the deal, while Cambodia accuses Thailand of renewed air attacks and aggression. Thailand has also refused to release 18 Cambodian soldiers detained since July, saying it will only do so after Cambodia complies with the agreement.

Meanwhile, fighting continues along the border, particularly in Oddar Meanchey, Preah Vihear, and Banteay Meanchey provinces. Local administrations, including Poipet city, have issued urgent shelter warnings as the risk of air raids increases.

Tags: CambodiaThailand
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Pep Guardiola’s extraordinary dedication to Manchester City came under the spotlight after a new Amazon Prime documentary revealed previously unseen moments from behind the scenes at the English club.

Guardiola’s Emotional Manchester City Outburst: “I Gave My Life for You, What Did You Give Me?”

August 19, 2026
Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

August 18, 2026
Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

August 18, 2026
WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

August 18, 2026
Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

August 18, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?