Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Politics » Morocco Strengthens Border Security Amid Campaign Inciting New Crossing to Ceuta

Morocco Strengthens Border Security Amid Campaign Inciting New Crossing to Ceuta

Spain is also reinforcing its border in anticipation of a new mass crossing incited by a social media campaign.

Safaa KasraouibySafaa Kasraoui
Aug, 11, 2026
0 0
A A
Authorities Detain 148 Irregular Migration Candidates in Fnideq

Illustrative image from Ceuta Mass migration attempt on July.

Rabat – Morocco is further strengthening its border security amid a social media campaign inciting a new mass crossing to the Spanish enclaves of Ceuta and Melilla on August 15.

EFE reported Moroccan police and gendarmerie are reinforcing checkpoints at the entrances to towns, including Fnideq—also known as Castillejos.

Spain is also reinforcing its security, with EFE reporting earlier this week that the European country’s military ordered the cancellation of leave for its personnel to mobilize forces for potential mass attempts.

EFE said Ceuta’s General Directorate of the Civil Guard and the General Command ordered the suspension of leave for military personnel and agents assigned to the city following the mass crossings that took place last month.

The suspension will be from August 13 until further notice, except in exceptional cases, according to defense sources quoted by EFE.

This comes as local authorities are monitoring a social media campaign inciting a mass entry on August 15.

Many videos and posts, generating hundreds of views and likes, are alleging a new mass entry that will take place at that specific time.

Several anonymous accounts have circulated viral posts on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok, urging people to head to the enclave on August 15.

EFE quoted police sources who confirmed that security forces have been monitoring the campaign for several days, examining the posts with “great caution.”

“The origin of these messages could cross the borders of Spain and Morocco. In other words, they don’t rule out that the origin is in other countries and that even the number of followers or likes has been manipulated,” the agency said.

Authorities are also teaming up with social platforms like Meta and TikTok, which agreed to work with the European Union to limit false or misleading information that could encourage migrants to attempt dangerous crossings.

Through the agreement, the parent company of Facebook and Instagram, and TikTok, had agreed to create an “ad-hoc escalation and cooperation mechanism with fact-checkers” as part of existing “crisis protocols.”

This comes two weeks after one of the largest irregular migrations to Ceuta, when tens of thousands reached the enclave by swimming on July 30.

Morocco and Spain responded to the mass entry through an agreement that returned most of those who entered home, and agreed to continue cooperating to tackle irregular migration.

Tags: ceuta
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Torino and Elche Discuss Move for Morocco’s Aboukhlal

Torino and Elche Discuss Move for Morocco’s Aboukhlal

August 17, 2026
Antonio Morales described the events in the Spanish enclave as part of a broader geopolitical picture and warned that developments in Morocco’s political, economic, and military power could eventually affect the Canary Islands.

Gran Canaria’s President Claims ‘Moroccan Pressure’ Is Targeting Ceuta

August 17, 2026
How can a university excel at teaching yet slide backward in global standing?

The Great Rankings Illusion: Why Global University Lists Measure Prestige, Not Education

August 17, 2026
Faris Ben-Lamkadem Becomes First Moroccan to Qualify for ADCC Worlds

Faris Ben-Lamkadem Becomes First Moroccan to Qualify for ADCC Worlds

August 17, 2026
Secretary-General of the Justice and Development Party (PJD) Abdelilah Benkirane has called for answers over the circumstances behind the recent mass movement of Moroccans toward Ceuta

Benkirane Says He Sought King’s ‘Clarifications’ Over Ceuta Migration Surge

August 17, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?