Read on app Read on app
✕
Prayer Times
  • Morocco
  • Lifestyle
  • Western Sahara
  • Login
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026
No Result
View All Result
Morocco World News

Home » Health » Covid-19 » Morocco Launches COVID-19 Awareness Caravan in Casablanca

Morocco Launches COVID-19 Awareness Caravan in Casablanca

jennifer-morgan-hekkingbyjennifer-morgan-hekking
Sep, 21, 2020
0 0
A A
Morocco Launches COVID-19 Awareness Caravan in Casablanca

Morocco Launches COVID-19 Awareness Caravan in Casablanca

Rabat – Morocco’s Ministry of Culture, Youth, and Sports has launched a COVID-19 awareness caravan that will travel throughout the Casablanca-Settat region, a longstanding virus hotspot.

The regional director at the ministry’s sports department, Aziz Mootassim, told Morocco’s state media that the caravan carries the theme “Commitment, Cleanliness, Distancing and Wearing a Mask: A National and Moral Responsibility.”

The caravan is the latest in a series of campaigns to raise awareness of COVID-19 measures in the hard-hit Casablanca-Settat region, which records hundreds of new cases of the virus every day.  

Casablanca authorities and the Ministry of Culture aim to emphasize the importance of face masks, social distancing, and good hygiene.

The five-day campaign also includes the distribution of masks, hand sanitizer, and other hygiene tools to associations mobilized in the fight against the pandemic, Mootassim said. 

The Regional Academy of Education and Training (AREF) of Casablanca-Settat and the local and provincial authorities helped organize the campaign. 

The caravan primarily targets schools and youth centers, which are also set to host parallel awareness-raising activities.

Mootassim stressed that the initiative is a joint effort of all government departments, media outlets, and local authorities to fight the health crisis in Casablanca-Settat.

Casablanca-Settat is Morocco’s most populous region and consequently hosts the majority of the country’s COVID-19 cases. On Sunday, the region recorded 605 of the country’s 1,927 new cases. 

The city of Casablanca itself recorded 391 new cases, and all 10 of the region’s 35 new deaths occurred in the city.

Local authorities recently extended firm lockdown measures in Morocco’s economic capital. 

The Moroccan government initially imposed lockdown measures on September 7, which were set to expire after two weeks. On September 18, authorities renewed the measures, now set to expire October 5. 

Casablanca lockdown measures closed entrances and exits to and from the city. Residents require exceptional movement permits to travel in and out of the city.

The lockdown also includes a night curfew. Residents may not go out after 10 p.m. or before 5 a.m. Health professionals and employees whose work requires them to go out beyond curfew hours may do so with the proper authorization.

Local markets must close at 3 p.m., cafes and shops at 8 p.m., and restaurants at 9 p.m.

Casablanca’s COVID-19 lockdown closed all schools at all levels, including universities. Students in Casablanca are following distance education programs until the lockdown ends.

Read also: Morocco to Close All Schools With More Than 1 COVID-19 Case
Tags: CasablancaCOVID-19COVID-19 casablanca
TweetShareShareSendShareScan

Recent News

Pep Guardiola’s extraordinary dedication to Manchester City came under the spotlight after a new Amazon Prime documentary revealed previously unseen moments from behind the scenes at the English club.

Guardiola’s Emotional Manchester City Outburst: “I Gave My Life for You, What Did You Give Me?”

August 19, 2026
Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

Morocco’s CDG Capital Warns of Fraudulent Investment Ads Using Its Identity

August 18, 2026
Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

Morocco’s Adam Baallal Signs First Professional Contract with AS Saint-Étienne

August 18, 2026
WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

WHO, UNICEF Report Finds Major WASH Gaps in Morocco’s Health Facilities

August 18, 2026
Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

Lazio Eye Move for Morocco’s Begraoui, Estoril Demands €12M

August 18, 2026

USEFUL LINKS

  • About
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Careers
  • Terms Of Use
  • Cookies Policy

TOPICS

  • Mawazine 2025
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Western Sahara

REGIONS

  • International
  • Maghreb
  • Middle East
  • Africa

Download our App


Download the Morocco World News app on Google Play for Android

Download the Morocco World News app on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad

Copyright 2026 Morocco World News. All rights reserved. Morocco World News is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Read about our approach to external linking.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Culture
  • Politics
  • Society
  • Economy
  • Opinion
  • Education
  • Sustainability
  • Tech
  • Sport
  • World Cup 2026

Useful Links

  • Prayer Times

Useful Links:

  • Prayer Times

All Right Reserved © 2026 Morocco World News .

Contact us
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?